City living with a dog comes with a number of challenges that may differ from those a dog owner in a more rural area. For the well-being of others, your dog, and yourself, here are some tips for urban canine owning:
1. Find the right dog for your living situation. If you live in an apartment, check out our blog post here.
2. Have your dog walk in front of you, not next to you. This way, you can see if your dog is nibbling on something on the street that you might not want them getting into.
3. Always scoop your dog’s poop off the sidewalk. It’s just sanitary.
4. Remember that not all dogs are friendly. Always ask before allowing your dog to approach another dog.
5. Teach your dog “sit,” “heel,” “come,” and “leave it.” Also, teach your dog to sit when you stop walking.
These tips will go a long way in ensuring a pleasant city living experience for all dog-owners!