If you have a cat or you’re thinking about getting one, it’s important to be prepared for any health concerns that may pop up. Here’s a list of some quite common health issues in cats:
1. Vomiting – can be caused for a variety of reasons, from eating something to a urinary tract infection. Call your vet right away if your cat doesn’t stop vomiting, because dehydration can happen quickly and the root cause can be serious.
2. Tapeworms: symptoms include weight loss, appetite change and diarrhea
3. Lower Urinary Tract diseases: symptoms include straining to urinate, dehydration, lack of appetite
4. Fleas: symptoms include frequent licking, red or irritated skin, hot spots
5. Eye problems: conjunctivitis, cataracts, glaucoma, viruses, and retinal disease
For more information on treatment and prognosis of these common health problems, talk to your vet and visit the links below!