How does one go about selecting a pet sitter? People choose to hire pet sitters for many reasons. Whether you’re away for business, an emergency or vacation here are some tips that could make your selection a bit easier.
Here’s what to look for in a pet sitter:
- Does your potential sitter possess commercial liability insurance?
- Has your potential sitter received any training?
- Are they associated with a veterinarian who can provide emergency services?
- Do they provide related services such as dog walking, dog training and in-home training?
- Will they provide references?
How to help your sitter:
- Make sure your sitter knows where all your pets necessities are.
- Leave clear instructions.
- Buy extra supplies for those just in case moments.
- Make sure your pet is wearing current identification tags.
That list can appear rather daunting, but the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (800-296-PETS) or Pet Sitters International (800-268-SITS) can provide referrals.