Emma came to us at about 4 months old.  She was found in the Dumpster at a feed store we no longer do business with.  They threw her away because she had been opening bags of food in the store.  Is that sad, or what?

Now an adult, she’s had her trials and tribulations.  She was bitten by a Mojave green rattlesnake and one side of her face was paralyzed for about 6 months.  Fortunately, with medication she was saved and has now mostly recovered – but when stressed, her eye still becomes inflamed from time to time (poison remains forever in the animal’s system after a bite).


Three years later… Again Emma gets bit with another Mohave green, right on the nose!