Have you ever wondered what makes a cat tick? Here are some of the most common pet peeves for any given cat:
- Dirty Litter Box- Much like most of us do not enjoy dirty public restrooms, cats do not enjoy using a soiled littler box. Since a cat’s sense of smell is 14 times stronger than ours it makes sense that they would be offended by an unkempt box.
- Spoiled Food- Leaving an opened can of cat food at room temperature for an extended period of time can cause the food to spoil, creating a foul taste for the cat. Keep the food fresh.
- Too-Aggressive Petting- Some cats do not enjoy being pet as if they were a dog. Some cats simply enjoy sitting on your nap or near you.
- Cat Rivalry- Some cats prefer to be the only child. Cats can become territorial if they feel their personal space is being threatened.
- Loud Noise- Any holiday that involves fireworks or loud noises may be an irritant to your cat. There are many available resources to help your nervous cat keep calm during loud periods of time.