Now that we are in the middle of winter, and temperatures are below freezing in many areas, it’s important to keep your pets safe and warm!
- Antifreeze is lethal to cats and dogs, so wipe up any spills. Better yet, use products that contain propylene glycol instead of ethylene glycol.
- Make sure your pets have a warm place to sleep, away from drafts and cold.
- Keep your kitties indoors. You wouldn’t want them to freeze or get injured.
- Keep your dog on leash on snow or ice so he or she doesn’t get lost.
- If she or he loves to play outside or accompanies you on hikes or skiing, be sure to increase the amount of food you are feeding.
- Wipe off paws and underbelly when your dog comes inside from the snow or ice.
- If your dog needs a bath, be sure he or she is completely dry before going on a walk. Consider a coat or sweater, especially for short-haired breeds.
- Never leave dogs or cats alone in the car – the car holds in the cold.
Don’t worry, it’ll warm up again soon!
21 thoughts on “Brrrr – protect your pets!”
Tracy Landauer liked this on Facebook.
Luckily our winter has been pretty mild so far… Now that I said that we will have temps dipping below zero! Thanks for the information, always good to know…
Phil McDonnell liked this on Facebook.
Speak for your self… We haven’t gotten past 30 all week! Yesterday morning 8, today pipes froze while hauling hot water to the horses….. HELP!…
Annie Burson liked this on Facebook.
Ugh! Sorry… I guess we got your warm weather, almost 60 here today…
Alice McDonnell liked this on Facebook.
BUT TOMORROW NIGHT WE’RE GETTING 5 INCHES OF SNOW….YOU JUST HAD TO GO AN D OPEN YOUR MOUTHJ Phil McDonnell..
GEEZ..I DIDN’T THINK IT GOT THAT COLD THERE..BRRR..I GUESS I VETTER KEEP ALL MY WINTER CLOTHES THEN..SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR PIPES Annie Burson..WISH WE WERE CLOSER.SO WE COULD HELP……(((((HUGS))))))))
Wish you were here too!
I’ll send over some pipe wrap so it won’t happen again 🙂
Yeah, but you have to come and install it!!
Really don’t tempt me… NY is getting really tired real fast…
DITTO…….TO WHAT PHIL SAID…
Start practicing your cow chasing technique!
LOL! I just read “how to chase cows away” and this came up!
Punch the cows in the nose
If shouting loudly to scare away the cows hasn’t worked and they are still charging, make a tight fist and punch a couple of them on their noses as hard as possible. Accompany this with a violent roar, literally a life and death roar. This will work, and they will be frightened away. If you still have the walking stick you collected upon enetering the field, use this to give them a jolly hard whack on the head.
I’VE GOT MY MOTHER’S COW’S COW BELL.. I’LL BE LIKE THE PIED PIPER..THEY WILL FOLLOW ME ANYWHERE…. MOST ANIMALS DO ANYWAY..I’M AN ANIMAL MAGNET..LOL
Then what would I do with them, after they all died laughing!
WE’D HAVE A LOT OF GOOD STEAKS NPOW WOULDN’T WE?????
Hey, Phil… Your first project! A BBQ pit!
Mariann Downer Tindall liked this on Facebook.
Comments are closed.